I got this ugly dresser from Craigslist. The listing said it was an antique so I was really disappointed when I saw that it was not only not an antique, but it was not very well made. The seller started loading it into my van as soon as I pulled up and since I'd already made the trip there, I took it for $20. It was mostly real wood but the sides were MDF and had some water damage.
|I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but it needed paint so I started out by priming it.|
|I painted the pulls white, but then decided to try them with an Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. I'm still not sure which I like better but I went back to white. I went over the whole thing with a dark stain and it made the grey look much nicer.|
|Here's a close up of the added board on the side and my not so great job of matching the trim.|
|I may redo the pulls, but I'm not sure what to do with them.|
|I did a lot of distressing. Or as my husband calls it "stressing it out".|
|I never feel like my distressing looks very realistic. Luckily I had a two year old that was very happy to help.|
|Here is it in our bedroom.|