Friday, April 13, 2012

Finally a headboard!


I've been searching forever for the perfect headboard for our guest bedroom.  I wanted a curved wood frame that I could add padding and fabric to.  My dream headboard would look like this one from Cre8tive Designs.  Unfortunately no one was selling anything like that for almost nothing.

Instead, I found this one for $11 on Craigslist.

I had to take all the pieces apart because the top piece of the backing was attached on top of the bottom piece so it wasn't an even surface for my foam and fabric.  
I thought it would go back together more easily, but I ended up having to add bunch of little support pieces to the back to get it all flush in the front.


I painted the wood white and added 1/2 inch foam.  I stapled on batting and brown duck fabric, and made double welting to cover the staples around the edge.

Here is a close up of the fabric and double welting.


Ahh...finally a headboard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment