Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Kitchen

So I said I'd taken off 3 days between painting the bookcases and putting up the planked ceiling in the hearth room, but one of them was actually spent doing this...



This is how it looked before:
Once you get over the disgusting floor, notice the cabinets on the right that block any light or view into the breakfast area.


So, after the floor was torn out, next to go were these lovely knobs.  Not just because seeing them made me cringe, but they were in the very center of the cabinet doors.  Why?!
I actually sold them on ebay for $80.
I wish I could zoom in on this picture so you could see the porcelain farm animals on the chandelier.  They came off immediately after the railing came out.  Which was right before the gross peel and stick floor tiles were torn out.  There were so many horrible things about this area of the house I lose track of the order they went in.
Which reminds me that we also replaced the fluorescent light.  Ewwww.
By "we" I mean Uncle Scott.  He also replaced the faucet and disposal.  Thanks Uncle Scott!

Much better.  So I could actually see what I was cooking, but the kitchen was still dark and gloomy.
So one day while Margaret was napping, it went from this:

To this:


And this is how it currently looks.  I don't like drywall so I'm waiting to take out the soffit until Kyle can patch the hole.  Which may be never.  Just kidding, I have 6 weeks until my due date and I'm pretty sure my crazy nesting powers will find a way to make it happen!  We're having the kids' bathroom redone this week (by a real contractor!) so I'm taking some time off until that's done.

Here's a sneak peak of the bathroom:
Kids' Bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment